Putin’s Blacklist: See List of Famous People Who Have Been Banned From Russia
In what has come as a shocking revelation, over 900 American celebrities, politicians and business leaders have been “permanently banned” from Russia by the country’s foreign ministry.
In all, a total of 936 people have been banned in retaliation to all the economic, political and cultural sanctions that have been imposed on Russia following its invasion of Ukraine, which began in February.
One of the prominent names on the list of the people barred from Russia is 84-year-old American actor, Morgan Freeman.
The actor was banned on the basis of the video he released where he openly advocated for the ‘Committee to Investigate Russia,’ an organisation that accesses Moscow of inteferring in US politics.
Others who have been banned from entering Russia include:
- US President Joe Biden
- US Vice-President Kamala Harris
- Former US First Lady, Secretary of State and 2016 presidential candidate Hilary Clinton
- Current US Secretary of State Antony Blinken
- Former Senator John McCain
- Former Senator Harry Reid
- Former Senator Orrin Hatch
- US Transportation Secretary, Pete Buttigieg
- US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin
- House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi
- US Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer
- US Senator Amy Klobuchar
- US Senator Ted Cruz
- US Senator Lindsey Graham
- American politician and activist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- American politician Ilhan Omar
- American politician Matt Gaetz
- American politician Marjorie Taylor-Greene
- American politician Rosa DeLauro
However, the absence of former American President, Donald Trump from the list remains a topical conversation